BigRep PLX 3D Printing Filament
Explore reasons for using PLX
- Up to 80% faster extrusion throughput
- Versatile for fine surface finishes
- Consistent quality results
- Environmentally friendly thermoplastic
PLX delivers consistent, quality results that make it a reliable material for large-format printing in any industry.
An innovative and robust thermoplastic filament, PLX can print up to 80% faster than a standard PLA material with no modification to the 3D printer at a strength that exceeds the typical mechanical properties of even ABS-printed parts – enabling industrial additive manufacturing in large-format at unprecedented speeds.
As a material derived from organic compounds, PLX is biodegradable under the correct conditions. CO2 neutral and environmentally friendly, it has a much lower ecological impact than other plastics derived from fossil fuels.
- Material: Polyactic Acid Blend
- Diameter: 2.85mm
- Density: 1.25 g/cm³
- Flexural Modulus (ISO 178): 2800 MPa
- Tensile Strength (ISO 527): 48 MPa
- Impact Strength Notched: 20 kJ/m²
- Heat Resistance HDT / B (ISO 75): >40 °C
- Hardness (Shore): D 70
- BigRep ONE.4
- BigRep STUDIO.2
- BigRep PRO.2
- All compatible FFF 3D printers